Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not too shabby.

good day. went visiting pubs with resumes, and on the way home i discovered a box of bruised pears in a dumpster behind a downtown grocery store. i salvaged fifteen. hopefully they won't go bad on me when i can't eat them fast enough. in other serendipitous food news: i'm staying over with some friends at one of my old apartments. i left behind a tub of rice and some tea and found them still here, waiting for me. with my tinned fish reserve (meager though it is), and my pears, i ought to have enough food to last me a little while until i can get a kitchen job. kitchen jobs are the best--or they are when you get a free staff meal included every shift. never take a free meal that you cook for yourself in a downtown kitchen for granted. take advantage of it!

No comments: